Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin guts, beautiful pumpkin guts...


Ok, so I am a freak, I think pumpkin guts are cool. Cleaning the pumpkin out for craving is fun. I feel like I have accomplished something when the inside is nice and clean and ready for carving. I like how the insides vary from pumpkin to pumpkin. Your hands get messy but it is a clean messy, it washes right off. Dirt gets under your finger nails and into your skin and it takes forever to get you hands clean. I was pleasantly surprised to see that our 3-year old daughter really thought it was cool too. She dug right in and didn't stop. I am glad she is not a totally girly girly and doesn't mind getting her hands dirty.

On Friday, Rob and Nicole went to a daddy-daughter dance and had a great time. She really didn't get the concept of dancing with daddy all the time but she still had fun. She really enjoyed raiding the snacks- cheese balls where a huge hit. We don't have them at our house so it was a new experience for her. Every kid needs to eat cheese balls until they are sick at some point in their life.


Saturday was Nicole's B-day party. It was smaller this year, 27 people instead of over 40 like last year. Ok, we like hosting parties. Rob will say I love having lots of people over but he is just as bad as me. He made up the guest list not me! 'Cole had a great time. She really is a little socialite. She loved every minute of her party!

No comments: